TEDxChristchurch 2018 - Livestream
We recently partnered up with TEDxChristchurch for "The Campfire" - TEDxChristchurch 2018. The 11-hour event (for the crew at least) was a day packed with inspiration, reflection and motivation.
Our crew arrived on-site at 8 am, beginning pack-in for our 5 camera live stream. By 11 am we were show ready with stream test and the last minute panic of go-live upon us. 1 pm brought the arrival of more than three-hundred locals to the Philip CArter Family Concert Hall at The Piano, all eager to be inspired and left in awe.
- Zach Preston, Engineering Student from the University of Canterbury and founder of Sentinel Water
- Professor Maggie-Lee Huckabee, Department of Communication Disorders from the University of Canterbury
- Professors Anthony and Phil Butler, Radiologists from the Canterbury District Health Board
- Kathryn Leafe, Executive Director at the NZ Needle Exchange Programme
- Professor Alex Tan, Head of Department of Political Science from the University of Canterbury
- Daisy Lavea-Timo, Poet, Rugby league prop and producer
- Laura O'Connell Rapira (Te Ātiawa, Ngāpuhi, Te Rarawa, Ngāti Whakaue), Director of ActionStation
- Hamish Brewer, "the relentless, tattooed, skateboarding Kiwi Principal in Northern Virginia"
A personal highlight for our team was the TED talk from world champion freediver William Trubridge, who demonstrated his breathing techniques for preparation before the dive.
Watch the TEDxChristchurch talks from William Trubridge and other speakers via the TEDx YouTube Channel.